Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Days Are Getting Shorter

As we get to the end of September, each day we are losing about 2 to 3 minutes of daylight. That doesn't sound like a lot, but over the course of a week, that's about 18 minutes. I used to really dislike the days getting shorter, but now I enjoy the silver lining--my husband comes home earlier! The life of a rancher is often sunrise to sunset, so it's nice to have more time together.

If you'd like to see the sunrise and sunset calendar for your area, click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice image. Did you happen to take that Friday morning at sunrise?

~Curious Astrophotographer

Desert Survivor said...

Thursday morning at sunrise--not much of a moon left. I'm hoping my new camera (coming Monday) will allow me to try astrophotography again and get better results than UFO-like images!

p.s. This post was posted at sunrise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates