Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Fun: Cooling Off

It's July in the desert, and even though we live in the high desert, the temperatures have been creeping into the high 90s and even over 100. So we've been looking for ways to cool off and beat the heat. One way was an obstacle course with a water trap. Th goal was to swing over the pool without falling in.

The kids quickly learned how to get wet if they wanted to.

Then it was on to the boogie-woogie on the unstable spool.

Desert Boy met up with his little friend, Ava, and they decided to go for a walk with Ruby.

Desert Boy sure looks like he's enjoying life!

Of course, he's happy in most any situation, and will ham it up for the camera. 

Squirting Mama is always a great past time. I don't even mind when it's so hot.

But all things lead back to the swimming pool. It was easy enough to swing one person across, but what about two?

3 comments:

G. Robison said...

I just remembered after reading this that there used to be a swimming hole in town, on the east side of the main drag a couple blocks north of what used to be the general store. This was in the 70's, but I know my dad used it when he was a kid, too. We spent some fun times there with my cousins in the summer. It's gone now, I think.

I Am Woody said...

I think I would have to 'accidently' fall off, too!!

A said...

It seems that Desert Boy got a new outfit halfway through.... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates