Monday, April 5, 2010

Still Riding at 90

The other day when I was driving down the road when I saw something up ahead that caused me to slow down. Heifers and calves were being moved from one pasture to another, and doing it by himself was Lee, the 90 year old cowboy.
The new heifers and calves wandered over to visit the ones that had been moved previously. They also spent some time chasing Henry. He chased the cows for awhile, and then they started chasing him and he ran as fast as he could. It's quite humorous to watch.
Meanwhile, Lee was putting the gate up and getting ready to go home. Lee really wishes he was much younger and could do what he used to, but he can still ride better than me!

I'm always impressed with how much Lee has done, and how he's managed to keep doing what he likes best. I hope I can do what I enjoy when I'm 90.

5 comments:

desertsurvivor.blogspot.com said...

Yes, he is amazing, and happy, I'd bet.

You'll still be enjoying lots of things when you are 90. The work load lessens, as the generations build.

Birdwatching, enjoying the weather and the mountains and the streams are all doable at 90. Ask your grandmother

I Am Woody said...

I hope I can do anything at 90:)

Jihan said...

oh my gosh I love the horse... I love horses. Well on the bright side at least you know how to ride one.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you took these pictures. Lee is amazing and I love seeing him out there working still.

jendoop said...

That's great. My grandpa had to give up the horse in his eighties but he gets around on a 4 wheeler now. Usually he sticks to moving sprinklers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates