Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Family Fun-Water Park

While we were visiting in Indiana, we decided to go to a water park for the day. Actually, we had decided this before we even all met up, as we have some real water lovers in the family. Plus, this was an indoor water park, so it didn't matter what the weather was like.

They had a couple smaller slides for younger kids, and Desert Boy didn't waste any time trying them out.

They also had a pool less than a foot deep for the really little kids. Emma loved it, and especially loved swinging with Grandma pushing her.

Yum, the swing tastes good.

I don't know how much water she consumed that day, but it was a lot.

Water is fun! She played at least a couple hours in the water.

Desert Boy played even longer. He was so excited to give everything a try, and he was happy to have so much attention from his grandparents and aunts and uncles.

This water park wasn't just for little kids, though. It had some attractions for those who liked a little danger and excitement. Or maybe a lot of danger and excitement.

Okay, it couldn't be that dangerous, but I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to high speeds, and I had gotten whiplash at a different water park several years ago, so I was feeling a little leery about the slides.

I let my brothers go down them first and tell me what they thought. My brother Andrew convinced me it wasn't too bad and took me down one of the slides that you use an inner tube for. It was so much fun, I went down again and again.

The slide was different than any other I had ever been on before.

First you went down a steep slide and then were shot into this circular part, where you went around and around. You slowed down, but you weren't done, there was a feeling of anticipation that something bad might happen. (Thanks, Ed, for this photo and the next one.)

In the middle of the round part was a tube leading down. You kept getting closer and closer to it, and then whoosh--you were flushed down the toilet into a steep tube.

And out into the drainage!

It was so fun we convinced my parents to go on it.

Besides, who can resist going on a ride down the toilet?

Okay, that wasn't the real name of the ride, but it was the name we used.

Here's waiting for my mom and brother to come out.

What would her reaction be? Would she like it?

They arrived with a splash...

...and smiles!

After all the excitement, it was time for floating the lazy river.

And two of my brothers had fun goofing off and trying to prove how manly they were.

Shae took Desert Boy for a float down the river.

Then Desert Boy hung out with Aunt Mary.

He knows how to have a good time.

Meanwhile, it was time for the new baby to try out the water. She liked it quite a bit.

And Maria delighted in splashing while swinging. She liked the pirate slide even more, going down it an estimated one hundred times.

Emma and I spent some time together in the baby pool.

I noticed my fingers were getting pruny. It's been awhile since I've been in water so long that that has happened.

All in all, it was a super day! I'm ready for the next day at a water park. And I have to say that having it indoors was nifty, no need to apply sunscreen or worry about wind.

5 comments:

I Am Woody said...

What a great place! I'm like a big kid - LOVE waterparks!!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. I LOVE lazy rivers!

GAA

Anonymous said...

This was truly a great family adventure!!! So nice that all of you could get together and have some fun.

gut

Anonymous said...

Just noticed that the grandparents went down the toilet bowl facing forwards; maybe they would have gotten a little more thrill going through it backwards!

UP

A said...

This looks like so much fun!
Tobias has a tunnel slide at the park near his school, and for years now, it's been called "the toilet" and the kids take turns flushing each other down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates