Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Fishing Hole

Last weekend we had a couple hours free and decided to go to our secret fishing hole.

Top secret.

So secret that if I told you.....well, you know the rest!

It was a good spot.

Here's a rainbow he caught. Not too big, but if we had kept everything, we would have had a nice little meal. Desert Boy wants to do that, have a little fish fry picnic. I do, too, as long as I don't have to cook!

My husband takes the hook out of the fish.

And promptly lands another one, the second of two rainbow. Earlier he caught a big brown.

Desert Boy was a little squeamish around the fish, but we made him touch it anyway.

Maybe it was his dad telling him he would teach him out to eat fish eyeballs.

Ew.

Here you can see Desert Boy's expression a little better.

I used to think fishing was extremely boring and wasn't at all interested in it.

Now I still agree that it's usually boring, but I find that I don't mind some down time. I really don't have to be running evey minute.

Desert Girl was along for the adventure, but she mainly just sat and ate dirt.

It was a good way to spend a couple hours.

Hope you can find your own top secret fishing hole!

2 comments:

I Am Woody said...

I love an afternoon fishing. I mainly spend it reading but sitting outside near the water is always enjoyable:)

jendoop said...

What a nice oasis. Fishing with children is never quite as relaxing though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates