Saturday, January 26, 2013

Simplifying the Closet

In my efforts to get my house more organized, I'm tackling one little area each day. I read advice to spend 15 minutes each day decluttering. I can't quite seem to do that much, but just 5 minutes is making a difference. And some days I can get a few more minutes in.

One area that I recently organized was my closet. I had heard that I should get rid of clothes that I hadn't worn in the last year. Sounds simple enough, but it still didn't motivate me. What finally made me get to work was the suggestion to turn all my hangars around. If I took something out to wear, then I could put the hangar back in the regular way. After six months, I'd know what I still hadn't worn and could consider getting rid of those clothes. So far, this system is working great, and I'm taking a big bag of clothes to the thrift store tomorrow. It feels so good to see things leave the house!

So much of everything (clothes, dishes, space in your house, size of vehicle, size of yard) should you have? The Frugal Girl has a very reasonable answer you can read here.

1 comment:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I have heard of this flipping hangers suggestion. Glad it is working for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

blogger templates